Latest Crime Reports
Between 20:00 on Sunday 8th October and 09:00 on Monday 9th October in Francis Lane. Somebody smashed a window of a Citroen 2CV parked in the road.
On Saturday 14th October around 19:20 in Meridian Place. Somebody damaged a residential property.
On Thursday 5th October between 08:00 and 16:23 in Station Approach. Somebody stole a mountain bike from where it was secured at a railway station.
On Sunday 1st October around 20:00 in Old Barn Road. Somebody tried to damage a residential property.
Useful contacts – Kent Police:
If a crime is in progress or life is in danger, call 999.
For all non-urgent incidents or enquiries, call 101.
If you are deaf or speech impaired, text ‘Police’ and your message to 60066.
For news or advice visit: https://www.kent.police.uk/
Five tips to help you keep your home and belongings safe while you’re away:
• if you’re off on holiday and wish to post anything on social media, make sure your posts aren’t public and that they’re only seen by your friends
• leave lights and a radio on a timer to make the property appear occupied
• get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property or join a Neighbourhood or resident Watch Scheme
• consider asking your neighbours to close curtains after dark and to park on your drive
• remember to cancel newspaper and milk deliveries
Crime prevention advice from: https://www.kent.police.uk/
Most burglaries happen on weekdays, in daylight, when you’re more likely to be out. As well as locking up each time you leave you can also: keep keys, cash and expensive items out of view, use timer switches on lights and radios to make your home look occupied, keep gates locked and boundaries secure, lock away bikes, tools and garden items which could be stolen or used to break into your home.